Every year, Daystar secondary students spend a ‘Week Without Walls,’ in which they make Beijing their classroom. During this exciting and dynamic week, they see how academic content applies to the world around them.
Contemporary studies support millenia-old Chinese wisdom that learning in context is especially powerful. That's why each day's trip has specific learning objectives and pushes students to develop their teamwork, cooperation, and personal understanding for the world they inhabit.
Through this program, students
• See the application of academic learning and personal or social skills to real life
• Understand their own capacity to make a difference
• Make decisions that have tangible results
• Develop skills to solve problems
• Develop responsibility and accountability for their actions.